Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eli's injury serious?

All Pro

Eli's injury serious?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2139902

Yes!!! I love Giant woes!!!!

Eli is a bigger bust then D-Blob!!!
    Last edited by JacktheRipper; 08-21-2005 at 08:51 PM.

All Pro
    eli = bust

love it

Rookie
    let me understand this, he has a sprained hand that the giants are concerned about so he is a bust? i dont get it, dont get me wrong i HATE Eli and i hope he does awful this year but you cant say hes a bust because his arm hurts...

Veteran
    Just cause the guy gets hurt means hes a bust. I dont see your logic there. Calling Eli a bust now makes no sense. Let the man play and if he cant get it done in a couple of years then call him a bust but dont jump on a player just cause he doesnt wear green and white.

This is nonsense.............

All Pro
    it doesn't make him a bust, but i like the idea of him being a bust either way.

All Pro
    I hate the Giants more than anything but how can you be happy about an injury to a franchise player i.e. the QB.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsbabe2315
    ugh, eli manning is another ryan leaf type bust. acrew him. do you relaly think he would have gotten drafted THAT high if his last name wasnt "manning"? i mean, cmon, seriously. i bet you the giants are killing themselves now for not drafting rothlesburger.
    not really. You cant sit there and tell me Big Ben wouldve done anything for the Jints. Ben is on a team 20x better than the giants...thats why he had success there. And hes not as good as people make him out to be. They are a running team.

Hall Of Fame
    What is all this Eli=BUST crap? You guys are nuts. This guy can play and he will have a very long and fruitful career.

Is your hatred for the Giants so extreme that you can't see things objectively? I think so.

Eli Manning is a no brainer pick and I guarantee you if the Jets had the number 1 pick last year they wouldn't have taken Vilma..........They would have jumped at the chance to take Manning. Now I'm not saying to unseat Penny, but it would have been a value pick. SOMEONE would have come along and done EXACTLY what the Giants did to get Eli...........

Rookie
    i hope he's a bust too. i can't stand either of them. if he's hurt, maybe all my tool arse G(irly) men fan friends will shut up about Penny being fragile.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet
    What is all this Eli=BUST crap? You guys are nuts. This guy can play and he will have a very long and fruitful career.

Is your hatred for the Giants so extreme that you can't see things objectively? I think so.

Eli Manning is a no brainer pick and I guarantee you if the Jets had the number 1 pick last year they wouldn't have taken Vilma..........They would have jumped at the chance to take Manning. Now I'm not saying to unseat Penny, but it would have been a value pick. SOMEONE would have come along and done EXACTLY what the Giants did to get Eli...........
    what has he done in the nfl to prove that he is worthy of praise. have the lowest QB rating? A QB rating LOWER THAN VICK?!?!? I'll give him the benifit of the doubt that he was a rookie, but don't sing his praises until he does something.

All League
    It's... uh...

Eli's... second season.

THE NFL IS HARD. Give things some time.

I'm sure he'll turn into another robotic football-creature just like his brother in good time.

Rookie
    I'm much newer to New York (12 years) than many of you long-time fans, but I don't really get the hatred of the Giants so much.

I'm happy to have 2 teams in NY, and I get excited when both do well.
    Football has such precious few games. I think we're blessed to have 2 teams in two separate conferences. I'll always root for the Giants against Dallas, Atlanta, Washington and most other teams.

I am sure there is much to this dynamic I am ignorant of, especially feeling like 2nd class citizens in their stadium, but I still think it's quite possible to root for both teams except when they play each other.

As far as Eli goes, he's good young kid from a classy football family. I hope he does well.

dc

All Pro
    I hope Manning is alright. I don't like the Giants but I don't root for injuries.

After all the problems we had with Chad being injured, I hate to see other qb's with injuries.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet

What are you kidding? Im not a Pennington fan, but the Jets would NEVER draft Eli with #1. First of all Jetsgirl was right. Eli would not of been the consensus #1 pick if his last name wasn't Manning.

Eli was NOT Peyton Manning in college. Let me repeat that Eli was NOT Peyton Manning in college. Peyton was the man in NCAA div1, and was the best player in the nation for most of his career. Believe me he was around during my time at college.

Eli on the otherhand didn't really come out of his shell until his last year at Ole Miss. Sure he was always decent, but he never was Peyton.

Secondly the Jets already informed us that they would've drafted Kellen Winslow Jr if they had the #1 pick.

If Bradway picked Eli; when he already had a 27 year old established NFL QB he would be lynched.

Listen, I am not calling Eli a bust yet(that was a joke) but he is nowhere near as good as you think. Eli does throw a great deep ball, but doesn't have a cannon arm for 15-20 yd passes, and has not proven to be accurate. He also struggles reading blitzes and doesn't react well under pressure.
    Last edited by JacktheRipper; 08-21-2005 at 09:39 PM.

Rookie
    this eli crap reminds me a bet i placed with 3 of my best friends that unfortunately align themselves the the giants.

whoever's team has the best record at the end of the season gets a replica jersey bought for them by the loser, player of winner's choice, AND has to wear it out for the first time at an event of the winner's choice. so basically, i hope to have my 3 friends wearing jets jerseys at our favorite bar while watching the jets in the playoffs, then giving them to me the next day. (we established no intentional damaging of the jerseys..)

BUT, if that doesn't work out, i have to buy 3 friggin G(irly) men jerseys for these fools..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    What are you kidding? Im not a Pennington fan, but the Jets would NEVER draft Eli with #1. First of all Jetsgirl was right. Eli would not of been the consensus #1 pick if his last name wasn't Manning.

Eli was NOT Peyton Manning in college. Let me repeat that Eli was NOT Peyton Manning in college. Peyton was the man in NCAA div1, and was the best player in the nation for most of his career. Believe me he was around during my time at college.

Eli on the otherhand didn't really come out of his shell until his last year at Ole Miss. Sure he was always decent, but he never was Peyton.

Secondly the Jets already informed us that they would've drafted Kellen Winslow Jr if they had the #1 pick.

If Bradway picked Eli; when he already had a 27 year old established NFL QB he would be lynched.

Listen, I am not calling Eli a bust yet(that was a joke) but he is nowhere near as good as you think. Eli does throw a great deep ball, but doesn't have a cannon arm for 15-20 yd passes, and has not proven to be accurate. He also struggles reading blitzes and doesn't react well under pressure.
    i've never agreed with ripper more

Banned
    There is something missing with this kid ... something substantial is missing

I don't know what to call it, because it's really something HE IS rather than ISN'T

It was on wide display at the draft ... this kid is a SPOILED BRAT ... a little momma's boy

It was different than simply orchastrating his way to the team of his choice ... that's been done before ... for me it's the way he acted that day ... the way he carried himself ... the way he sulked like a little fairy because he didn't get his way, or so he thought ... IMO everything about this kid spells SPOILED BRAT

That's why I believe he's doomed to mediocrity ... it's a backbone issue ... he doesn't have any ... IMO he's a coddled little sissy who will never amount to anything more than an average QB

JMO
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-21-2005 at 10:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsbabe2315
    ugh, eli manning is another ryan leaf type bust. acrew him. do you relaly think he would have gotten drafted THAT high if his last name wasnt "manning"? i mean, cmon, seriously. i bet you the giants are killing themselves now for not drafting rothlesburger.
    Maybe someone would listen to you if you spelled the QB's last names right. Your a idot.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2139902

Yes!!! I love Giant woes!!!!

Eli is a bigger bust then D-Blob!!!
    Dude, change that post!! Very bad Karma to celebrate an injury to another teams player. Very bad Karma