Thread: height

All League

height

the jets havent had a big target since keyshawn... i dont know if they should have got HARRY WILLIAMS JR. they already had a reciever who is quite similar in Carter.... if they really wanted a WR they should have went after height... these are the tallest guys that were in the NFL draft:

Five players measured 6-foot-4 --
    Pearl River CC's Larry Brackins, Georgia's Fred Gibson, West Virginia's Chris Henry, Southern Cal's Mike Williams and Northern Colorado's Vincent Jackson

obviousley not mike williams, but everyone else could have been drfated by the jets.... i just dont understand getting a wide-out in the draft when you already have a good recieving corps and WR is the easiest position to fill in the NFL... they should have went after size.

All League
    dude...harry williams is 6'3

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    dude...harry williams is 6'3
    i heard he was 6'1

All League
    well you heard wrong...go check the jets roster

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius
    the jets havent had a big target since keyshawn... i dont know if they should have got HARRY WILLIAMS JR. they already had a reciever who is quite similar in Carter.... if they really wanted a WR they should have went after height... these are the tallest guys that were in the NFL draft:

Five players measured 6-foot-4 --
    Pearl River CC's Larry Brackins, Georgia's Fred Gibson, West Virginia's Chris Henry, Southern Cal's Mike Williams and Northern Colorado's Vincent Jackson

obviousley not mike williams, but everyone else could have been drfated by the jets.... i just dont understand getting a wide-out in the draft when you already have a good recieving corps and WR is the easiest position to fill in the NFL... they should have went after size.
    Have you ever stood next to that #19. If you did you would have realized that his height was exaggerated. Maybe he appeared to play larger than his frame but both Neil O'Donnell and Vinny had him by a couple of inches.

IMHO of course Wait I have photos, somplace
    Last edited by Broadway Joe; 08-24-2005 at 06:52 PM.

Veteran
    only player i would have liked to get on that list that we had a legitimate shot at was chris henry but he had major attitude problems. Larry brackens was from a community college i mean granted he was tall as hell he had tons of off the field problems and again COMMUNITY COLLEGE guy didnt face much comp. I think Harry was a great choice and a great pickup

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebetfan80
    only player i would have liked to get on that list that we had a legitimate shot at was chris henry but he had major attitude problems. Larry brackens was from a community college i mean granted he was tall as hell he had tons of off the field problems and again COMMUNITY COLLEGE guy didnt face much comp. I think Harry was a great choice and a great pickup
    I was just perusing a Tampa Bay message board... and there is not really anything special about Brackins. A lot of the fans don't even think he'll make the final 53. In fact, there were a bunch of guys listed higher than him on the depth chart... he was dead last.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Joe
    Have you ever stood next to that #19. If you did you would have realized that his height was exaggerated. Maybe he appeared to play larger than his frame but both Neil O'Donnell and Vinny had him by a couple of inches.

IMHO of course Wait I have photos, somplace
    That would be about right then.Vinny is 6'5" and a couple of inches(2")would make Keyshawn about what,6'3"......?Yeah,that's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman1
    That would be about right then.Vinny is 6'5" and a couple of inches(2")would make Keyshawn about what,6'3"......?Yeah,that's about right.
    I'll have to look for a couple of photos - old #19 has long arms but IMHO 6'3" is about 2" too generous.

Undrafted Free Agent
    mccareins is 6'2 with long arms isnt he?

seems like tall recievers have attitude problems. keyshawn, moss, williams, and TO is what 6'2 i would put him in that list.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen87
    mccareins is 6'2 with long arms isnt he?
    Yep -- and we should be sure to utilize him in the RZ more this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

J Mac 6'2
    Coles 5'11
    Cotchery 6'0

not exactly smurfs