Thread: Meadowlands rated #22 of 31

Meadowlands AREA rated #22 of 31

Today the Sporting News released a rating scorecard for all 31 NFL Stadiums. When they get to the Meadowland's it's interesting what they say about the area, not the stadium mind you, but the area in which the stadium sits...

Here's the "Sporting News" synopsis of our "Giants" stadium.

22. Giants Stadium, New York Giants, Jets

The only home for two NFL teams has all the appeal of the Jersey swampland on which it sits. Though it's just 6.9 miles from Times Square, this is not a great location for a football stadium. This huge, bland arena has very little personality, save for the legend of Jimmy Hoffa's corpse being buried here and the quirky winds.

Says it all, doesn't it?

Here's the link to the full article http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...ic.php?t=10830
    Last edited by Kwaz61; 08-25-2005 at 01:28 AM. Reason: more detail

Undrafted Free Agent
    you lost out to the RCA Dome.

Thats pretty bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

well, with the Zanadu project starting soon, which will add stores, restaurants and bars to the immediate area, the Jets/Giants new stadium in 2008 should rank in the top 10

Hall Of Fame
    wow, im not the only one who thinks that the colts, rams, and vikings homes have a depressing look to them, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaz61
    22. Giants Stadium, New York Giants, Jets

The only home for two NFL teams has all the appeal of the Jersey swampland on which it sits. Though it's just 6.9 miles from Times Square, this is not a great location for a football stadium. This huge, bland arena has very little personality, save for the legend of Jimmy Hoffa's corpse being buried here and the quirky winds.
    [/url]
    i hate negative people!!! and whoever wrote that has very little personality,
    people just see what they want to see!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sandybeachbum
    i hate negative people!!! and whoever wrote that has very little personality,
    people just see what they want to see!!!
    come on, in terms of quality (other than the people), the meadowlands has gotta be ranked in the bottom third, especially with all the new stadiums being built. its ok though, because jets fans are#1 and thats all that matters.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

I mostly agree about the surounding area, but as for the stadium itself, they don't build 'em like they used to. None of these "state of the art" fields have 4 main entrances, with all levels allowing you to walk to all 4 sides. Another thing I like about this one is restroom accessiblity. I'm not at all impresssed by the new stadiums. That's why when we do get another I hope they keep it simple and just copy the one we have.

The article relates to the AREA, not the stadium itself, but the AREA it is in, a swampland will always be a swampland. Maybe they could import some alligators, give them winter coats and make the AREA more interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    I mostly agree about the surounding area, but as for the stadium itself, they don't build 'em like they used to. None of these "state of the art" fields have 4 main entrances, with all levels allowing you to walk to all 4 sides. Another thing I like about this one is restroom accessiblity. I'm not at all impresssed by the new stadiums. That's why when we do get another I hope they keep it simple and just copy the one we have.
    true, ive never been anywhere else, so i cant really speak about other places, but i think the symmetrical design of the meadowlands is cooler than gimmicky looking places like heinz field and gillette, but granted, their bathrooms are probably in better shape, lol.

All League
    wht do they expect??

It's in Joisy.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Totally agree jumba ,with that one entrance into Gillette then it taking another 20 minutes to get to your seat in the opposite end zone cause of all the crowds coming in at once, reliant when we went there with carmine those seats were so far up I think I could have talked to GOD personally & anyone who sat there was pretty much watching the game on TV ,fortunately for me knowing where seats usually are for these group trips I got a seat on the 45 11 rows off the field...

All Pro
    Where do they rank for Parking Lot fees?

All Pro
    He didn't give enough credit to the actual stadium/seating of Giants Stadium. There is not a bad seat in there. That being said, there really are some great stadiums in the league now. You guys who make road trips know what I'm talking about. The list confirms what a dope Daniel Snyder is: new stadium and he can't even crack the top 20.

corporate heroin

Cool my opinion...

it will always be #1 to me so i don't care.

Hall Of Fame
    To be honest I'm surprised it wasn't rated lower. Except for a good size parking lot for tailgating it has nothing to offer. Bad, ugly location. Terrible food inside.
    No bars or restaurants in immediate area.