Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abraham to return on Sunday...

Hall Of Fame

Abraham to return on Sunday...

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index....520.xml&coll=1

Abraham remains disappointed the Jets won't sign him to a long- term deal but wants to rejoin his teammates. He'll sign the one-year, $6.67 million franchise tender offer.

What a defense.

Welcome back, Abe!

Two weeeks until gameday, enjoy your two days over the next 14 consecutive days!

All League
    Best f**king news Ive heard in along time

Thank you Rayray....you made my pathetic girlfriend having saturday night much more exciting

(and if my girlfriend reads this)
    Last edited by 023; 08-28-2005 at 02:27 AM.

All League
    Welcome back John!!!!!!!!! With open arms

At last......Our secondary will look MUCH better now...Damn I cannot wait to see # 94 on the field on 9/11

Rookie
    in the word of bubb rubb woooo!! wooo!!

Banned
    Bout time this Jerkoff decided to show-up for work, too bad he'll be in no condition to start until week three

Thanks Ahole-ham, I hope you enjoyed your vacation scumbag ... now try to contribute as a situational pass-rusher without getting hurt for a millionth time

personally, i could never ever judge a situation that i will never know enough about. i know it is a business, and i agree with welcoming him back with open arms.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Bout time this Jerkoff decided to show-up for work, too bad he'll be in no condition to start until week three

Thanks Ahole-ham, I hope you enjoyed your vacation scumbag ... now try to contribute as a situational pass-rusher without getting hurt for a millionth time

Honestly Ham this is one of the few times I have to disagree with you

IMO Abe will show up in EXCELLENT condition...unless hes an absolut idiot

The man, in all reality is playing for his financial future

If he wants to make the money that he feels like he deserves, then he has no choice but to show up in great condition

Dont get me wrong Ive been pissed off at this cat for a few months but as all the players and coaches say "this is a business"......Being a die hard I hate to here that phrase but I guess its the truth

All League
    i dont wanna hear sh!t from anyone....

all this time all of you were knocking him and i've been defending him along with like 3 other people. shut up and watch the games, dont all of a sudden cheer for him.

you cant go from "abe is a pu$$y!" - "Get in camp you selfish bastard!" - "What's wrong with this jerk, he gets injured every year!"

to all of a sudden...

"Yayyy, great news!", "What a D!", "Welcome home Abe!"

give me a break.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius

all this time all of you were knocking him and i've been defending him along with like 3 other people. shut up and watch the games, dont all of a sudden cheer for him.

you cant go from "abe is a pu$$y!" - "Get in camp you selfish bastard!" - "What's wrong with this jerk, he gets injured every year!"

to all of a sudden...

give me a break.
    Are you refering to someone that has responded in this thread???

If not, STFU

Undrafted Free Agent

He. Didnt. Have. A. Contract.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mantanasoss
    He. Didnt. Have. A. Contract.
    He had a $6.7 Million contract sitting on the table

GUARANTEED!!!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19
    http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index....520.xml&coll=1

What a defense.

Welcome back, Abe!

Two weeeks until gameday, enjoy your two days over the next 14 consecutive days!
    yea welcome bak jerkoff...had fun while everybody doin two a days...

All League
    They should rescind their 6.7 million dollar offer, this guys a bum with no heart.

Banned

Yes, he's a bum with no heart, but...

the Jets can't win a championship without him. Ellis isn't the type of end that can get constant pressure on the QB alone. He's a good number two guy, if he's working off a very good number one guy. Abraham is that very good number one guy. We all know it whether we like him or not. He's the cornerstone of our defense. We can win without him, but we can't win it all. I have to admit, I'm glad he's back!

Now all we need is a good QB, a good number two receiver (I'd have Cotchery on the field more than McCareins), a good power running back (Sowell might get it done if ever given the chance when we need that type of running), a pass catching tightend (Jolley could be that guy if they ever have the b@lls to throw deep to him), a defensive tackle to take the place of the departed Ferguson (one that can at least hold the fort), a new guy that can step up and play the strong safety position, and anybody who can do a little something with the punt and kick returns.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-28-2005 at 05:13 AM.

All League
    Beyond all the disappointment with John Abe as a person and his decisions to hold out, there is one simple fact that Jet fans need to get used to.

John Abe makes the Jets a better defense when he is playing.

Period.

End of story.

So, while I am not happy with his holding out, injuries, his past "sicknesses" and all of the rest, I am willing to see him hit the field, dominate in the games and play the full season.

We can re-evaluate his value at the end of this year.

For now though, welcome back John.

BZ

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Smile

We need Johnny Abe...........it only makes our defense all that much better.

Welcome back Johnny .......maybe, just maybe did you give any thought to the end of each season where you let us down? Maybe if that didn't happen you would have been signed to a long term deal...........

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaJet023
    Welcome back John!!!!!!!!! With open arms

At last......Our secondary will look MUCH better now...Damn I cannot wait to see # 94 on the field on 9/11

Don't you mean 56? Ha Ha. Anyway 94 or 56....WELCOME BACK ABRAHAM!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    the Jets can't win a championship without him. Ellis isn't the type of end that can get constant pressure on the QB alone. He's a good number two guy, if he's working off a very good number one guy. Abraham is that very good number one guy. We all know it whether we like him or not. He's the cornerstone of our defense.
    Ellis had more sacks when Abraham was out.

Please. Learn something about the game.

Hall Of Fame

You know, I can't knock the guy. He was as much a free agent as Law was, and I have no problem with him staying out as long as he did to try and leverage a better deal. If he was under contract, and he held out, I'd be with you, Ham - but not when he was a FA

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius

to all of a sudden...

give me a break.
    you're an idiot. People have every right to think he's a heartless wuss while hoping against hope he'll prove them wrong, and knowing that even if he doesn't he'll win us a game or two before he gets hurt.

For the record, I've never knocked Abe for not signing his tender. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the Jets made the right decision to sign Ellis and franchise Abe. You can disagree with that assessment all you want, JI, but just because people aren't Abe-worshipping lickspittles of your caliber doesn't mean they're knocking him.