Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: How did Matt Millen get an extension.

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,096

    How did Matt Millen get an extension.

    His team is 16-48 in his tenure. How did this guy get an extension?? B/c he drafted some talented WRs?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    His team is 16-48 in his tenure. How did this guy get an extension?? B/c he drafted some talented WRs?
    because he knows how to dress like a top executive, thats why.

  3. #3
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    His team is 16-48 in his tenure. How did this guy get an extension?? B/c he drafted some talented WRs?
    maybe you should go to detroit and apply for his job. i'm sure they'd love a genius like you! lol!

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,096
    Yeah, good one


    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJet
    maybe you should go to detroit and apply for his job. i'm sure they'd love a genius like you! lol!

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterLyles
    His team is 16-48 in his tenure. How did this guy get an extension?? B/c he drafted some talented WRs?
    He got an extention because he's done the best job possibly in the history of any sport about getting a team excited about its chances. I know the Pats fans are absolutely flabberghasted by our ability to get excited about anything, but Detroit fans are SO trigger happy with excitement and most of the reason is because Millen markets so well. It seems like every player that he brings in can add a lot of excitement. That's another great reason - he drafts well we all know but also he's very good at bringing in big name free agents.

    I'm not realistically trying to defend him, but people get hyped about the decisions he makes over here. That's the answer, not the justification, to your question.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Millen's terrible. I was shocked when I heard about the extention.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,031
    The Lions plain and simply stunk like a road kill skunk tonight. Please tell me the Jets did not look that bad in that last game agains the Giants. It's nice that they have 3 young stud 6'4" receivers but with no QB and an O-line that looks suspect they won't be seeing the ball much.

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    447
    how millen got an extension i will never know. he has been absolutley horrible since he was with detroit. they haven't even sniffed the playoffs since he's been there, i understand that they should be better this year, but this guy is awful. you're telling me he should keep his job just because he markets himself well and gets the fans excited? you gotta have results on the field to keep your job. he shoulda gotten canned just for the whole 2 year marty morneigweigh debacle. he drafted joey harrington in 02 who still hasn't done well, then he decided to draft WR's the first round the next three years. this guy is clueless.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    The Lions plain and simply stunk like a road kill skunk tonight. Please tell me the Jets did not look that bad in that last game agains the Giants. It's nice that they have 3 young stud 6'4" receivers but with no QB and an O-line that looks suspect they won't be seeing the ball much.
    Harrington didn't look that bad. He had no ground support and still managed to throw 9/17 for 0 and 0.

    He avoided an interception, which has always been his bane. I think he'll end up okay.

    But no, this doesn't look like a good year for the Lions overall. We'll see though.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,749
    I am figuring the owner is a little old, and Millen works well on his knees or under the desk... damn sure can't be cause he knows how to build a football team.

    And what is with the black jerseys...? Looking very Carolina-like. They could have just darkened the royal blue that they use... that black looked too much like Carolina.

  11. #11
    PJ-you are totally wrong. Harrrington looked awful. When he had time he consistently underthrew, threw behind or bounced balls at their feet. He got sacked and completely lost his composure and looked horrible. Millen should be drawn and quartered for the awful job he has done. What is the point of having thoses receivers if the QB cannot deliver the ball? I'll tell you the point-so Millen can try to save his job by providing targets for his over-hyped QB who is not panning out.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by The Paranoid Jet
    He got an extention because he's done the best job possibly in the history of any sport about getting a team excited about its chances. I know the Pats fans are absolutely flabberghasted by our ability to get excited about anything, but Detroit fans are SO trigger happy with excitement and most of the reason is because Millen markets so well. It seems like every player that he brings in can add a lot of excitement. That's another great reason - he drafts well we all know but also he's very good at bringing in big name free agents.

    I'm not realistically trying to defend him, but people get hyped about the decisions he makes over here. That's the answer, not the justification, to your question.
    how can you say he drafts well? His teams ahave been the worst in the NFL? Does he sign big play Wrs in round 1? Sure but what about the rest of the drafts? Thats where it counts...a monkey could have picked those WRs when the Lions did.

    If you look at teams w/ gtop WR duos/trios, many of them are non playoff teams i.e. Bengals, Lions, Cards. Its is iverrated to have WR staced. much more important to take care of your lines.

  13. #13
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    I'm surprised Harrington has not improved more to this point, he seems to have all the tools. This year is make or break for him, you have to air it out with their WR's and he keeps looking short, that could be the system, or it could be the QB, impossible to tell from NY.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us