Thread: Where is the loyalty?

Practice Squad

Where is the loyalty?

I can't believe how many people on this site have totally changed their attitudes toward Pennington after one game. Truth is, Chad messed up an awful lot, he for whatever reason was not mentally in the game and had a very very hard time hanging on to the football. I'll tell you what though, his bad performance was outdone by that of the entire offensive line. One snap when he was in shotgun was performed when pennington was in the act of communicating, and another was just thrown totally away from him. these are two of the fumbles that the stats hold pennington accountable for. Now, when chad actually had a reasonable amount of time to scan the defense and make a read, he completed some excellent throws. i bet a 3td oint performance next week will have everyone saying hes the man again next week.
    now, ive also read some posts saying that maritn had a terrible game. i think that along with miller, who did a great job returning, ben graham, and chris baker, was a highlight of the game for the jets. curtis saved pennington's *** on several occasions, picking up blitzes from the chiefs.
    it is true that i can be overly optimistic at times, but i still think we have a good team here. remember when the pats lost to MIAMI in the first game of teh year and went on to go 1-15???? do i think we are as good as the Patriot team was? no. but i think that if we had come into this game with more of a bang, and if ppl's heads were in the game mentally, we could have had a way better showing.
    i also wanted to say that i thought chrebet came in and did a good job doing what he does best.

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Get used to it. The opinions here change every second. Next week, if Chad throws for 300 yards, 3 TD's and wins the game, you will see loads of "Chad the Great" threads all over the place.

All League
    even brick gets it, and in a few years doctors will find out that he's severely retarded ....anyone who wants to give up on the season after one game needs to chill the f out...

Undrafted Free Agent
    finally someone who's making some sense on these boards....we have to put a list together of all the fair weather fans on here so that we can monitor their ****ty fan habits throughout the year.

consider it a social experiment on how stupid football fans are....here are 2 of the ones i've seen more than i want to

Doc
    JacktheRipper

All League
    Chad had a bad game but much more of the blame goes to the o-line. It was like a jail-break on every other play. Same with the running game. I don't think Curt had even a sliver to run through all day. And this is the Chiefs defense! Say what you want about the Dolphins, they have a better defense than KC. Herm better kick their asses this week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Don G.
    finally someone who's making some sense on these boards....we have to put a list together of all the fair weather fans on here so that we can monitor their ****ty fan habits throughout the year.

consider it a social experiment on how stupid football fans are....here are 2 of the ones i've seen more than i want to

Doc
    JacktheRipper
    Is it being a "fair weather fan" to realize our 60+ Million QB invesment was an error?

Is it a "fair weather fan" to see that we kept the wrong RB??

Is it a "fair weather fan" to see how weak our D-Backfield and O-lines are?

Guess realism is being "fair weather" eh.

Of course, the REAL joke is the fans here who now want to be calm when THEY projected a 41-0 crushing of the chiefs. I predicted a loss......and was MOCKED, friggin MOCKED by this board for it. Yet even I could not fathom how sad and pathetic we looked today.

Damn I'm pissed off. And EVERY ONE OF YOU should be too. There is NO positive spin on today, NONE. We sucked, from second #1 to the very last play. Spin that.

Veteran
    i am pissed but i don't want to make a call on the jets just yet so if you call me a homer or fair-weather fan fine but saying chad was a mistake at this point of the season is wrong and saying lamont is better than cmart is complete ludacris but i fear for the o-line

Practice Squad
    Is it being a "fair weather fan" to realize our 60+ Million QB invesment was an error?

Guess realism is being "fair weather" eh...from

the money spent on chad..was it a mistake? maybe. ONE GAME IS TOO EARLY TO TELL!

Wrong rb? we'lll see about that too. dont underestimate curtis tho when it was the o-lines fault that he couldnt muster up any real yardage. like i said, he saved chads butt a few times with key blocks

d-backfield...hmmm play one of the best offenses EVER and see how any team will do against it

fair weather fan is someone who claims to be a real fan, but changes his opinion based upon the team's success. and yes! there are plenty of them on this site who should really decide whether or not they are really fans!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado
    i am pissed but i don't want to make a call on the jets just yet so if you call me a homer or fair-weather fan fine but saying chad was a mistake at this point of the season is wrong and saying lamont is better than cmart is complete ludacris but i fear for the o-line
    I agree...if the Jets don't win all this year that is OK, as long as they advance far into the post season...BUT they did mortgage the future losing Jordan...as great as Martin is (or was) where is the heir apparent? The QB is young, the WRs are young (minus Chrebet), OL can always be upgraded, but the stud RB is tough shoes to fill...ignore the ESPN.com article about the glut of elite RBs...I'm not giving up on 2005, but World Champs don't happen overnight...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland
    I can't believe how many people on this site have totally changed their attitudes toward Pennington after one game. Truth is, Chad messed up an awful lot, he for whatever reason was not mentally in the game and had a very very hard time hanging on to the football. I'll tell you what though, his bad performance was outdone by that of the entire offensive line. One snap when he was in shotgun was performed when pennington was in the act of communicating, and another was just thrown totally away from him. these are two of the fumbles that the stats hold pennington accountable for. Now, when chad actually had a reasonable amount of time to scan the defense and make a read, he completed some excellent throws. i bet a 3td oint performance next week will have everyone saying hes the man again next week.
    now, ive also read some posts saying that maritn had a terrible game. i think that along with miller, who did a great job returning, ben graham, and chris baker, was a highlight of the game for the jets. curtis saved pennington's *** on several occasions, picking up blitzes from the chiefs.
    it is true that i can be overly optimistic at times, but i still think we have a good team here. remember when the pats lost to MIAMI in the first game of teh year and went on to go 1-15???? do i think we are as good as the Patriot team was? no. but i think that if we had come into this game with more of a bang, and if ppl's heads were in the game mentally, we could have had a way better showing.
    i also wanted to say that i thought chrebet came in and did a good job doing what he does best.
    It's called venting and it's perfectly normal and healthy. You don't expect to see a bunch of drones? I hear season tickets will do that to a person.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish

Guess realism is being "fair weather" eh.

Of course, the REAL joke is the fans here who now want to be calm when THEY projected a 41-0 crushing of the chiefs. I predicted a loss......and was MOCKED, friggin MOCKED by this board for it. Yet even I could not fathom how sad and pathetic we looked today.

Damn I'm pissed off. And EVERY ONE OF YOU should be too. There is NO positive spin on today, NONE. We sucked, from second #1 to the very last play. Spin that.
    The jury is out with me regarding Chad at this point. He needs to prove his worth. He is definetly no TB.

The Jets front office would have liked to keep Lamont and made every effort to do so however the circumstances were difficult of them to do so. I would have loved LJ myself however under the circumstances it was not going to happen

Our dB did not look good. Hopefully with generating a better pass rush which I expect things will be better. Also with the youth and with Ty being rusty I do believe they will get better however it needs to happen fast.

I was dissapointed with the O-line however I don't think they are going to be as bad as they looked today.

They did not look good at all. It is easy and logical to predict a 7-9 or 6-10 season after today. However the Jets are a good football team that needs to right the ship next week. They need to turn this around and win next week. If the Jets look this way next week or lose a close game to the fins then I can say it's going to be a long year.

Hall Of Fame
    The Chiefs This Year Are Not Even Close To Being A Best Ever Offense. Lets Get Real. This Loss Should Be Of No Surprise. All Pre-season The First Team D Got Lit Up Bad. Everyone Said Its Only Pre-season Dot Get Excited. They Looked Worse. This Team Was Given Way Too Much Credit. Any Time The Jets Have Any Kind Of Expectations They Dissapoint.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeJetsFan
    Get used to it. The opinions here change every second. Next week, if Chad throws for 300 yards, 3 TD's and wins the game, you will see loads of "Chad the Great" threads all over the place.

I HAVE SAID IT MANY TIMES OVER THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF AND I WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE MY POINT THROUGHOUT THE YEAR------CHAD P. IS NOT THAT GOOD OF AN NFL QB.........HE JUST IS NOT. HE NEEDS ALOT OF HELP AROUND HIM AND A GOOD DEFENSE TO BE A WINNER. HE DOES NOT SHOW UP IN THE BIG GAME AND GOD FORBID IF YOU GET ANY PRESSURE ON OLD HAPPY FEET. I WOULD LOVE FOR HIM TO PROVE ME WRONG BUT WEEK BY WEEK MY HOPES OF HIM BRINGING US A SB TITLE DWINDLE.