Thread: All of us were smacked in the face

Rookie

All of us were smacked in the face

This team is not unbeatable. We have some kinks to work out, to say the least, some of the kinks we didn't know were going to be a problem. Our OL was the worst I have seen in a while yesterday. This is not beacause of one loss, Kareem, this is because even the veterans couldn't wake up. Something threw this team for a loop. Mawae looked horrible, that is the biggest surprise. Know this though, for all the fixable negatives,(fumbles, OL sleeping, dropped balls, and indecisive defense), we had as many unexpected positives,(J Abe, J Miller, Ben Grahm, and Chris Baker). We just weren't ready, and it smacked all of us in the face. So now we must dry off our tears, and get ready for our 12-4 season. Only three more horrible losses left to deal with.

Undrafted Free Agent
    a little overly optimistic but you have some points.....12-4 is going to be difficult with our schedule

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Don G.
    a little overly optimistic but you have some points.....12-4 is going to be difficult with our schedule
    I say we only lose
    @ Carolina
    @Baltimore
    @Buffalo

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sack Exchange
    I say we only lose
    @ Carolina
    @Baltimore
    @Buffalo
    i say you smoke crack...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    i say you smoke crack...
    There is nothing less to be positive about now than at the beginning of the off season. This defense only gave up 27 points to the best o in the league. Denver and Arizona, not that those are teams I want to be compared to, gave up way more to sub-par offensive teams. We settled down after a while and had some great drives, and our d started to stop what came to them, until they got tired again. Who can blame them though, with the turnovers, the D seemed like it was on the field for over half the game. I say a few tweaks and an already given kick in the a** and we are not only alright, but good. That's right I said it GOOD. 12-4 GOOD

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This team is not unbeatable.
    Gee...ya think?

Veteran
    your def right we got smacked back to reality but no way in this world will i be down on this team....we got a whole season to play so for all those patfans in here keep your jabs to a minumal cause we will be breathing down your neck this whole season...

Veteran
    I say we only lose
    @ Carolina
    @Baltimore
    @Buffalo
    you really like providing straight lines for the Patsie flamers on this board?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Gee...ya think?
    This team has never been unbeatable, despite most of our praises this offseason. I just don't think that this loss means much in the grand scheme of things. We should have lost this game and we did. What else do you want? The way we lost it was crazy, and out of character. Come on, when was the last time we saw this team play like that. Never. Will it happen again? Maybe yes, maybe no, but IMO it was an abberation and not the normal. That is all I was saying with that quote.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by regen
    you really like providing straight lines for the Patsie flamers on this board?
    Look, what does it matter what the Pat fans say. They can talk all they want, because they are the SB champs. Now when that ends, they need to shut their dumb mouths, and let a Jet Fan, post whatever the hell he wants.

Veteran
    I just don't think that this loss means much in the grand scheme of things.
    It was a totally embarrasing debacle. It doesn't mean much?
    I wasn't thinking too clearly yesterday. I worked all day, didn't see the game, had that "its only 1 game" mentality.
    Now I have had some sleep and been able to think about it some more. It does mean something. When you have a QB who fumbles that much, an O line that doesn't do squat, and an entire squad that looks completely lost, it means a heck of alot!!
    Next week is no guaranteed win. The phins are better and judging by their game yesterday Saban has his troops hungry for more wins.
    The Jets better get their act together very quickly.

This team is not unbeatable. We have some kinks to work out, to say the least, some of the kinks we didn't know were going to be a problem. Our OL was the worst I have seen in a while yesterday. This is not beacause of one loss, Kareem, this is because even the veterans couldn't wake up. Something threw this team for a loop. Mawae looked horrible, that is the biggest surprise. Know this though, for all the fixable negatives,(fumbles, OL sleeping, dropped balls, and indecisive defense), we had as many unexpected positives,(J Abe, J Miller, Ben Grahm, and Chris Baker). We just weren't ready, and it smacked all of us in the face. So now we must dry off our tears, and get ready for our 12-4 season. Only three more horrible losses left to deal with.
    No sorry, not all of us were smacked in the face. Some of us saw this coming from the day these clowns were hired.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetheelz
    It was a totally embarrasing debacle. It doesn't mean much?
    I wasn't thinking too clearly yesterday. I worked all day, didn't see the game, had that "its only 1 game" mentality.
    Now I have had some sleep and been able to think about it some more. It does mean something. When you have a QB who fumbles that much, an O line that doesn't do squat, and an entire squad that looks completely lost, it means a heck of alot!!
    Next week is no guaranteed win. The phins are better and judging by their game yesterday Saban has his troops hungry for more wins.
    The Jets better get their act together very quickly.
    I agree that the Jets need to get their act together. Next week is not a guaranteed win. But whoever thought that we would be extremely polished and ready to go in KC is not thinking straight. Now on the other hand, whoever thought that Pennington would fumble 6 times on opening day was also not thinking straight. Look, all I am saying is look at what this team has done in the past, and you'll see that this game did suck, but was a total freak occurence that is like being struck by lightning. If it happens again next week and Penn fumbles another 6 times, and Martin can't run because the O line is too busy sleeping to block, THEN WE WORRY.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Jets Fan
    No sorry, not all of us were smacked in the face. Some of us saw this coming from the day these clowns were hired.
    Thanks Cleo...I am glad that you saw in the future that in 2005 Chad Pennington would fumble 6 times and that our O- line would suck, and we would lose to the Chiefs in Arrowhead 27-7 the day Herm and the other clowns were hired. I need your number, because I would like to place some bets, and I am interested in your view of some games in 2009.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Look, all I am saying is look at what this team has done in the past, and you'll see that this game did suck, but was a total freak occurence that is like being struck by lightning.
    This had to be an abberation! Let's just treat it like the first pancake and throw it out. Simply forget about it and move on. Never have I seen so many glaring mistakes made by the entire team and yet all of the focus sesm to be on Penny who did look horrible but could have made it up with a couple of clutch catches by Coles.

On to next week.....

Thanks Cleo...I am glad that you saw in the future that in 2005 Chad Pennington would fumble 6 times and that our O- line would suck, and we would lose to the Chiefs in Arrowhead 27-7 the day Herm and the other clowns were hired. I need your number, because I would like to place some bets, and I am interested in your view of some games in 2009.
    No problem, glad I could enlighten you. Check the score predictions, I was right on. You on the other hand, I'm sure predicted a dominating Jets win. LOL.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Jets Fan
    No problem, glad I could enlighten you. Check the score predictions, I was right on. You on the other hand, I'm sure predicted a dominating Jets win. LOL.
    I did not predict on the board, but I had a Jets loss already posted for this game. However, i did not predict the pathetic performance we had yesterday. Yet, for some reason, I am not dettered, because I feel that we all saw some positives in this football team yesterday that shows with just a few tweaks and some execution, we will be good. We visited KC's side of the field like 9 times , and came away with one score. Lack of execution..that was all.

I say we only lose
    vs New England
    @New England
    @ Carolina
    @Baltimore
    @Buffalo

im glad you edited in the 2 pat games.it was the only logical thing you could do.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by lawisdamagedgoods
    im glad you edited in the 2 pat games.it was the only logical thing you could do.
    That is pretty funny. You should win an award for the sorest winner of all time. As a matter of fact there is an old lady walking across the street right now. I think you should stick to your rep and take her walker away from her and then kick Her while she is down. You Pats Fans suck...Not the Pats...You...You Suck. I will worry about the Pats when we play them. For now I am only thinking about Miami.