Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the jets an 8-8 team?

Are the jets an 8-8 team?

Half the time i think we have all this talent....Abraham, Ellis, Ty law,Coles, Chad Curt....ect... but other times i just dwell on our flaws....interior line, young safetys, avergae outside lb's.....chads lack of arm curts age and lack of speed....are we nothing more than a 500 team?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonjet
    Half the time i think we have all this talent....Abraham, Ellis, Ty law,Coles, Chad Curt....ect... but other times i just dwell on our flaws....interior line, young safetys, avergae outside lb's.....chads lack of arm curts age and lack of speed....are we nothing more than a 500 team?
    i believe we are better than an 8-8 team......... but who knows, with our schedule this year, 8-8 wouldn't be more unbelievable than 12-4

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It is very possible, yes. 7-9 to 9-7 should be expected, given our talent level, known issues/weaknesses and schedule. 10-6 would be an excellent season, 11-5 would be amazing.

If we finish 8-8 curt, chrebet and chad need to go..we may as well blow it up and start over...

Undrafted Free Agent
    8-8 is my target after sunday

I'm not basing it on Sunday..Just our talent in general...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonjet
    If we finish 8-8 curt, chrebet and chad need to go..we may as well blow it up and start over...
    Hi. My name is 'salary cap.' Nice to meet you.

All Pro
    Right now, the Jets are an 0-1 team. As Parcells used to say, "you are what your record says you are."

If our team had considered itself 0-0 going into Sunday, we might have seen a different result.

Veteran
    i believe hat we will finish in the 9-7 to 11-5 range, that that is just from an optimistic jet fan

No I dont think we are an 8-8 team. This is a sink or swim group, IMO. The Jets will either end up as a 5 or 6 win team or an 11 or 12 win team. Id honestly be very surprised if they ended up anywhere in that 7 to 9 win range this year. If they come out and play more uninspired football like we saw on Sunday with guys fighting on our sidelines they will end up getting the number 1 pick in the draft.

All Pro
    8-8? I am a glass half empty kind of guy... but I am not going to judge this team by one horrid afternoon.

I am not one for predictions (which is why in the predict the score thread I throw out scores like 42-3 every week)...

But here is your stone cold lock, right here, right now.

The NYJ will be 12-4 this season, and they will win the AFC East. Write it down. This team has the players to be special. The talent is definately there in spades.

You saw about as bad a game as you are ever going to see and we were a Coles drop away from being in a game we had no right being in.

Much Better than 8-8

this team is much better than 8-8. we can't over react over 1 game. GOtta think the offense will play better, it cant get much worse. two weeks ago people were talking about how good this jet D is. nothign changes except the fact we got manhandled by the chiefs. a lot of good defenses get manhandled by the chiefs, they put up 27 on the ravens last year, combine that with the fact that the O was turning the ball over gotta give the D a chance. Although i do think they should play Pouha more over Reed, the guy is a beast. anyway we cant overreact based on 1 game. if we lose to miami then my finger will be on the panic button but its not there based on 1 game, against a tough team. Probably the worst game they'll play all year. Gotta Keep our collective green heads up.

Practice Squad
    The team is better than 500 and a threat to challenge for the AFC East title. If the defense comes together and builds on last year and the offense improves over the next 4 weeks we could win 10 or 11 games.

L
    W
    W
    W
    L
    L
    W
    Bye
    W
    W
    L
    W
    L
    W
    W
    W
    W

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet
    The talent is definately there in spades.
    Really?

QB?
    RB?
    O-Line (especially OT)?
    D-Tackle?
    #2 CB?
    Safety?

Head Coach?

There are SERIOUS questions about every one of these positions. I'm not making up these concenrs out of thin air, they exist weather we like it or not. Every one of the starters, and much about the backups, at each of these positions, is questionable right now, at best.

I'm glad you are optimistic, and I'd love a 12-4 East Champion season too. I just don't see the "talent in spades" you're seeing. In many places we are either average, or possibly worse, in our talent.

Veteran
    9-7 I have said this sine before the season and I am sticking to it!!!

Veteran
    It's certainly a possibility that we could finish 8-8 this year. While I don't think it's what will happen, given the league we play in and the nature of the game, it's sure possible.

Unfortunately, I think there were a lot of people on this board who had themselves convinced that the Jets would pull out some 16-0 miracle season--which was never realistic from the start.

Frankly, I'd like to see this team make the playoffs and I'll take our chances from there.

All League
    No currently they are 0-1

Hall Of Fame
    we have the third tougest schedule in the league based on teams winning % from last year.
    If miami continues to improve, I'd have to say its the 2nd toughest, behind only the pats

with that said, and an 0-1 record already, we may be looking at 8-8.

I think we are looking at a real rough start again folks, like 1-3 bad. I think we will have to rally just to get to 8-8

why ?
    new offense may be weeks away from getting a rhythm

robertsons broken hand, reed stinks, which leads to blockers getting on vilma...not good

abe's rust and the likelihood he will pull something pretty soon. hold-outs get hurt pretty often

rookie safety.

david "bullseye" barrett

Undrafted Free Agent
    do the pats have their own message board? can anyone confirm or deny this?

Veteran
    When the schedule came out I didn't think the Jets were gonna fare to well. They backed into the playoffs last year and they had an easier schedule as opposed to this year. With a new system, a QB coming back from shoulder surgery, questions on both lines and a 32 year old RB, I thought they would be hard pressed to compete for a wild card berth let alone the division title . There's a lot of people looking through green colored glasses which I know for some is optimism and for others it's just basic homerism. I hope they prove me wrong but I dont think that the Jets are a team that will show consistency beating complete teams, they didn't do it last year, hell they didn't even show up last year. 8-8 sounds about right. My two cents.