Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we start talking SB again if....

All League

Can we start talking SB again if....

WE WIN BIG AS EVERYONE (EXPERTS-ESPN) PREDICT?

Folks, this week has really f-ing dragged for football. I cannot remember a worst week as a Jets fan. All of the hopes and SB dreams seemed gone and the while GD media was on our backs. As game time approcahes and we get ready to blast the Dullards, can we make efforts to get the positivity back and start talkign SB again. We are a top NFL team and are in the thick of things. One bad game does not a season make.

ON a side note, I laid $1000.00 on this game (legally thru Vegas), that is how confident I am. I am giving 6.5 points, but figure we will win by 25 or so points, so it won't matter. If you know ebb and flow of football, you will see that this game has all of the makings of a Jets over Dolpins blowout. I feel good and will enjoy it when I can come back here SUnday night and see great posts about Chad and our SuperBowl campaign again.

ALL of this negativity really weighs on my mind.

Frank

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Why wait.... JETS WIN SUPER BOWL ....after a horendous start against KC opening day the JETS put together a 15 game reg season win streak to win the AFC east then went on to win the SUPERBOWL with JETS QB CHAD throwing for 350 yards & 4 TD`s against a banged up falcon defense for a JETS victory 37 -27 over the falcons..... Is that enough sunshine for everyone .READ IT & LIVE IT ,WE WILL BOUNCE BACK!!!

All League
    I don't know of any team that should be talking travel plans for Detroit after two friggin' games, win or lose.

All Pro
    now this is a thread I can stomach reading-they've been hard to come by this week-I gotta tell ya

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets
    now this is a thread I can stomach reading-they've been hard to come by this week-I gotta tell ya
    I know I felt we needed something positive around here...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMoga

Folks, this week has really f-ing dragged for football. I cannot remember a worst week as a Jets fan. All of the hopes and SB dreams seemed gone and the while GD media was on our backs. As game time approcahes and we get ready to blast the Dullards, can we make efforts to get the positivity back and start talkign SB again. We are a top NFL team and are in the thick of things. One bad game does not a season make.

ON a side note, I laid $1000.00 on this game (legally thru Vegas), that is how confident I am. I am giving 6.5 points, but figure we will win by 25 or so points, so it won't matter. If you know ebb and flow of football, you will see that this game has all of the makings of a Jets over Dolpins blowout. I feel good and will enjoy it when I can come back here SUnday night and see great posts about Chad and our SuperBowl campaign again.

Frank
    And what do you base your expert opinion on? There is no one that knows anything about football that would be so confident about what you predict. Especially if you have been following the Jet's for the past year's.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Frank
    And Jet fans wonder why Pats fans laugh at you.

"Can we start talking Super Bowl again".

Funny stuff.

BTW, all the so-called "experts" that I have read are picking the Phins.

Sure Frank, you can start talking Super Bowl again. I love it when Jet fans start talking dirty.

All League
    when the jets make it thurr...that is the only way..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Funny stuff.

I am a Jet fan that is realistic, this knucklehead is delusional.

All League

Everyone on ESPN picked the Jets....except Theismann who is a f-ing moron anyway.

PatsfanTX....read it and weep.

I am gonna lay some wood that the Panthers beat the Pasties this weekend. If the Pats lose, it will be nice to not have to see your bandwagon butt and innane posts for a week.

Veteran

Funny stuff.

let them pick whoever they want but we are winning this game...

Rookie

Frank
    I haven't quite figured out if this guy's full of S$$t yet or not, but I love the energy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign
    I don't know of any team that should be talking travel plans for Detroit after two friggin' games, win or lose.
    Finally, a sensible Pastryhomerville fan, I didn't think they existed.

All League
    Don't talk SB until your team clinches a playoff spot otherwise just worry about getting to the playoffs. The Jets are a playoff calibre team but until they start beating top level teams (Pats, Ravens, Falcons) SB talk is crazy. I'm still waiting for the game where Pennington leads the Jets to a win when they can't run the ball. I can't honestly remember such a game.

Hall Of Fame
    FrankMoga, you perdicted we would beat KC by at least 20 points, SB talk should only start if we make it there.

Hall Of Fame
    GUys, the more I think about this game, the more I realize that we stand a very good chance to blowing the doors off of the Chiefs. When you look at the teams top to bottom, we are superior in every category. I am thinking a score of 38-10 or so is what is likely to happen. I guess the dilemma is, do you try ansd game plan for other teams down the road or play it vanilla in the opener. Can you imagine having to be a defense and trying to stop Chad Pennigton's rehabbed gun and having to try and d-up againt Mcareins and Coles, who are arguably one of the best WR tandems in the league. I fully expect a royal A$$kicking of the Chefs, and cannot wait. It will be nice to start off our SB campaign with a thrashing.
    Remember this beauty from Frank Moga

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets
    My thoughts exactly my amn, optimism is a rare afflicktion in these parts

Rookie
    talk Super Bowl?

for christ sakes we shouldn't even be talking Super Bowl if the Jets WON against the Chiefs.

There is a very long road and frankly I don't think Super Bowl should even be mentioned until the start of the playoffs

All Pro
    One game at a time people, one game at a time. You can still be optimistic and cheerful without predicting playoffs / Superbowl. The season is short enough without wishing it was January already.

What I'm looking forward to this week is tearing the Dolphins a new blow-hole. Not just winning the game, but winning it convincingly enough that it reminds Jets fans that yes, we CAN play good football. (And if that reminds Dolphans at the same time that they SUCK, so much the better )

I'm looking forward to the offense starting to click and put together some impressive scoring drives, to the defense remembering how to stuff the run and knock the QB on his tail, and to the special teams coming up with some big plays. Then reading all the articles the following week about how the Jets have got back on track / turned it around / woken up etc, and are still a team to reckon with.

There's plenty of optimism to be had without talking Superbowl. Let's just get to 1-1, and let the remaining 14 games wait a little.