Thread: Jets Home???

All League

Jets Home???

All you guys keep saying bring the Jets home. Bring them back to New York because thats where they belong. New York is their home not New Jersey. Well I'm 17 yrs old and I've been going to Jets games since I was 10. The Meadowlands is my home. That is the only home I know of and nothing else. So while all you guys that have seen the Jets play in Shea and in New York have a point of saying bring them home. Why don't you think about the people who haven't seen them play there and consider New Jersey as there home. As much as you want to see the Jets back at " your home " to me your just really taking them away from many peoples homes. I've grown up practically into a man by watching Jets games and devolped friendships with the fans around me. So while the people who keep saying bring the Jets home, why don't you think about what home your talking about and what it really means to you.

All League
    I told you were wrong about Detroit.

Sorry but the Jets will always be a Queens team and not New Jersey.

All League
    yeah well to me there a new jersey team

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    yeah well to me there a new jersey team
    NEW YORK Jets.

All League
    i mean there home is nj

All League
    i understand how the people who watched them play in shea stadium can see queens as there home. they didnt own shea but it was there home. i have only seen them play in nj. they dont down the meadowlands but its there home. can you see where im coming from

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

While they will always be called the NEW YORK JETS , because of where they originated ,the time for NEW YORK JET fans to fight for a stadium was when dolan, fatman & dogface, silver & bruno threw up a road block and started screaming queens when it was clear our present owner had no desire to go to queens he wanted manhatten but you all sided with the enimies in this case yelling yea! QUEENS ,QUEENS, WOODY spent millions proving his case for the WSS ,you couldn`t be happy your team was coming back home to NY and protest for his stadium ,there was no begging of sean then to write your NY politicians to fight for the WSS ,It is clearly looking like the JETS are leaning towards the NJ complex ,don`t wine about it now ,the time has come and past to fight for your move back to NY with the WSS and you folks not only didn`t stand with your owner by stood with the enimies of the WSS stadium..So those of you who pulled for QUEENS instead of the WSS have no one to blame but yourselves when the JETS build the new stadium here in NJ..

All Pro
    New Jersey has a team already!!!! It is called the GIANTS!!!!! Good GRIEF!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
    New Jersey has a team already!!!! It is called the GIANTS!!!!! Good GRIEF!!!
    Answer me this CB since the giants started in NY why does it stand to all you NY`ers that the GIANTS aren`t as much a ny team as you claim the JETS are....

All Pro
    i mean there home is nj
    The Jets just work in New Jersey 8 times a year . Their home is where they live, practice and where their team offices are which is in New York.

The Giants are a New Jersey team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Sorry but the Jets will always be a Queens team and not New Jersey.
    I agree!!....I had much better tailgates at Shea,even though we sent scouts to get a picnic table 5a.m. We were never 2nd class citizens to the Giants You will never get that feeling, unless you experience it!

All League
    All you guys keep saying bring the Jets home. Bring them back to New York because thats where they belong. New York is their home not New Jersey. Well I'm 17 yrs old and I've been going to Jets games since I was 10. The Meadowlands is my home. That is the only home I know of and nothing else. So while all you guys that have seen the Jets play in Shea and in New York have a point of saying bring them home. Why don't you think about the people who haven't seen them play there and consider New Jersey as there home. As much as you want to see the Jets back at " your home " to me your just really taking them away from many peoples homes. I've grown up practically into a man by watching Jets games and devolped friendships with the fans around me. So while the people who keep saying bring the Jets home, why don't you think about what home your talking about and what it really means to you.
    I'll repeat what I've said earlier. The Jets' home is Hempstead, NY. The Jets drive at least half an hour to play their "home" games every week. East Rutherford is no more the Jets home than New York City was my home when I used to live in New Jersey and commute to NY for work. That is what the Jets do (except in reverse). The Jets live on Long Island. That is also where there fan base is located. Why are the Jets the only NFL team that doesn't deserve to play its home games in its own stadium, and have its headquarters and practice fields there as well?
    Last edited by Toooon; 09-17-2005 at 03:53 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet
    Answer me this CB since the giants started in NY why does it stand to all you NY`ers that the GIANTS aren`t as much a ny team as you claim the JETS are....
    How's this for an answer?

New York Football Giants
    Giants Stadium
    East Rutherford, NJ 07073

New York Jets
    1000 Fulton Avenue
    Hempstead, NY 11550.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Why are the Jets the only NFL team that doesn't deserve to play its home games in its own stadium, and have their headquarters and practice fields there as well?[/QUOTE]
    Dolan,fatso,dogface, & especially Silver & Bruno would have the answer for that one for you...

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon

New York Football Giants
    Giants Stadium

New York Jets
    1000 Fulton Avenue
    Hempstead, NY 11550.
    It doesn`t wash cause your argument for the JETS being a NY team is cause they started in queens and must return to their roots & as I stated the Giants roots equally started in NY so they must equally be a NYteam..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon

New York Football Giants
    Giants Stadium

New York Jets
    1000 Fulton Avenue
    Hempstead, NY 11550.

the jets don't have their offices in ER becuase the giants are there

All Pro
    I'm 20, and since I can remember, the Jets have played at the Meadowlands. But I never considered it home. The Jets NEED their own stadium in NY.

Damnit, it's the NEW YORK Jets. The only team without their own place. Even the friggin Cardinals have their own stadium.