Thread: Corey Dillon

Hall Of Fame

Corey Dillon

I didn't get to watch the Pats game, but I saw the final stats. 14 for 36yds. Did they give up on the run that early? Or was he really that bad. I said it last week after the Raiders game, Dillon looks like he lost something. True, the Panthers have a great D, but they can be run on, especially without Jenkins. So was it playcalling, defense, dillon, or some combination?
    Pats fans should be worried about Dillon more than anything else on the team right now.

Rookie
    Dillon also looked bad last week in the first half. He got most of his stats in second half when the Raiders D was wearing down. I agree this is an area of concern for the Pats.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it

Pats fans should be worried about Dillon more than anything else on the team right now.
    I am concerned.

Dillon is not running hard straight ahead like he did last season.

He is stutter-stepping everytime he touches the football. He is not quick enough to do that.

He is also bouncing everything to the outside and he is definitely not fast enough to do that.

Besides that, his blocking (picking up blitzes) totally sucked today. Brady hasn't taken those kind of hits in a long time.

Piss poor game for Dillon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    I am concerned.

He is stutter-stepping everytime he touches the football. He is not quick enough to do that.

He is also bouncing everything to the outside and he is definitely not fast enough to do that.

Besides that, his blocking (picking up blitzes) totally sucked today. Brady hasn't taken those kind of hits in a long time.

Tex..Take a tip from the Martinette's..Blame it on the O-line!!

Quote Originally Posted by savage69
    Today that's not so far from the truth.. the pats o-line had a horrible day pass and run blocking... and our best Guard Steve Neal was on the sideline most of the day.

As for Dillon, he's had two weak games, but I refuse to believe "he's lost a step" overnight after rushing for 1600 yards last season... it just doesn't happen that quickly... and I'd say the same thing for Curtis Martin, who has had a bad and mediocre game so far.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Power
    Today that's not so far from the truth.. the pats o-line had a horrible day pass and run blocking... and our best Guard Steve Neal was on the sideline most of the day.

As for Dillon, he's had two weak games, but I refuse to believe "he's lost a step" overnight after rushing for 1600 yards last season... it just doesn't happen that quickly... and I'd say the same thing for Curtis Martin, who has had a bad and mediocre game so far.
    When Backs get into their early 30's things start happening and it's not
    Good things..

All Pro
    The one thing about this Pats game which I think gave a lift to the rest of the NFL is that it proved that they are beatable which I sometimes found hard to believe.

Perhaps this is the year.

Rookie
    dillon will be fine and will get over 1400 yards this year

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Exactly.

Hall Of Fame
    Well, if the Panthers can be run on I DON'T SEE HOW............

They were great against the run today. There defensive line won at the LOS against the Patsies today and by a LARGE margin. I don't know this poor performance by Dillon was as much him a player in decline as it is was just a piss poor performance by the Patsies offensive line. The Patsies had 12 penalties for 86 yards today. I would have to say at least half of them were illegal procedure calls against the offensive line. They were intimidated by the Panthers today, JMO..........

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it
    I didn't get to watch the Pats game, but I saw the final stats. 14 for 36yds. Did they give up on the run that early? Or was he really that bad. I said it last week after the Raiders game, Dillon looks like he lost something. True, the Panthers have a great D, but they can be run on, especially without Jenkins. So was it playcalling, defense, dillon, or some combination?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    I am concerned.

If you remember from last year I questioned Dillon on the Pats and was way off. I never saw him as a hard worker or someone out to really go out of his way to help his team win by doing the little things he has to do. Last year it all changed. He played with a chip on his shoulder to prove to his old coach and people like myself who thought he was done for. Do you think after such a successful season last year this is just a fall back year where he isnt going to work as hard because he reached that Super Bowl win? It happens to players and teams all the time.

Im a little worried that is happenning with Martin as well. Right now Im chalking it up to the 2 new guys on the line, but Curtis played with a big chip on his shoulder last year. He worked super hard in camp to come in ready to go and to prove that he was still good despite the age. He had fans left and right questioning if he should even be starting in 2004. From a personal goal setting he may have had his best year ever as a pro. It has got to be hard to get amped up again at his age and even try to do what he did last season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Savage, I'd love to blame it on the OLine, but I'm not a Jets fan.

Dillon does not have the quickness or speed to pu ssy-foot through the LOS and bounce the play to the outside.

He is not running straight ahead with power like he did last year.

He's done this for two games now, if he pulls this crap against the Steelers next week I'll be extremely disappointed.

Dillon needs to step up.