Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cablevision hdtv Dolans blow it again

Veteran

Cablevision hdtv Dolans blow it again

Has anyone else noticed that CBS is the worst station reception wise on cablevision? even on the High Def channels it doesn't come in as well as the other channels (ABC and pbs have the best reception) God knows we pay enough for cablevision reception it should be perfect.I'm also wondering how long it will take to get a High Def broadcast where you can see the score, clock and stats on the screen.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by extra714
    Has anyone else noticed that CBS is the worst station reception wise on cablevision? even on the High Def channels it doesn't come in as well as the other channels (ABC and pbs have the best reception) God knows we pay enough for cablevision reception it should be perfect.I'm also wondering how long it will take to get a High Def broadcast where you can see the score, clock and stats on the screen.
    Looks like the Dolans still hold a grudge against the westside stadium thing.

Veteran
    I just got an HDTV and was forced to give up Direct TV for Cablevision because of cost. (I've bundled everything: phone, Internet, TV, HDTV for an amzing price as a new customer) The quality is not nearly as good as satellite on regular chanels. but those HD channels. Man that is something to behold.

I'll probably switch back to Direct TV when their HD package and equipment isn't priced so ridiculously. I actually was pretty angry with them, because they try and screw existing customers. Wsn't until I cancelled the service that they were going to give me hardware for free. Origianlly they said $600 for a HD/Tivo receiver.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by y2k8
    I just got an HDTV and was forced to give up Direct TV for Cablevision because of cost. (I've bundled everything: phone, Internet, TV, HDTV for an amzing price as a new customer) The quality is not nearly as good as satellite on regular chanels. but those HD channels. Man that is something to behold.

I'll probably switch back to Direct TV when their HD package and equipment isn't priced so ridiculously. I actually was pretty angry with them, because they try and screw existing customers. Wsn't until I cancelled the service that they were going to give me hardware for free. Origianlly they said $600 for a HD/Tivo receiver.
    yeah I think the cbs hdtv station on cablevision is extremely dissapointing I'm hoping that when verizon comes in with the fiber optics network it will be the end of cablevision for me.

Veteran
    I have Time Warner.CBS comes in just as good as all the others.The problem I have is with ABC the picture is just fine the audio sucks though you have to turn the volume up much higher.
    As far as the score and game clock, stats I don't have that problem.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby
    I have Time Warner.CBS comes in just as good as all the others.The problem I have is with ABC the picture is just fine the audio sucks though you have to turn the volume up much higher.
    As far as the score and game clock, stats I don't have that problem.
    You are right about the ABC HD. I have DirecTV and the volume is alot lower than the other channels.

Banned
    On direct tv, CBS NY is ALOT lower than CBS LA...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots
    On direct tv, CBS NY is ALOT lower than CBS LA...
    It's the same here. Directv TV has a lower quality direct HDTV feed than digital cable. If you ever read the www.avsfourm.com threds, they've nicknamed directv's signal as HD-Light.

I think the bigger issue is the lack of "HD content". It's a shame that CBS didn't broadcast the Jets game in HD.

Banned
    stupid fools i could get into a geeky nerdyness mood and try and explain things, but i think its more entertaining to watch you all drown in youre ignorance.

oh btw cablevision has nothing to do with what cbs decides to broadcast in hdtv or standard res.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipShot
    stupid fools i could get into a geeky nerdyness mood and try and explain things, but i think its more entertaining to watch you all drown in youre ignorance.

oh btw cablevision has nothing to do with what cbs decides to broadcast in hdtv or standard res.
    yeah right you're the moron who thought aj hawk played for notre dame and got upset when corrected. Valley Stream is full of geniuses like yourself.

Banned
    yeah right you're the moron who thought aj hawk played for notre dame and got upset when corrected. Valley Stream is full of geniuses like yourself.
    dont be stupid i corrected myself immediately and said he played for osu. college football and telecommunications.... hmmm totally different.

Practice Squad

I think you should start paying more attention in english class. Your english and grammer is horrible!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn3158
    I think you should start paying more attention in english class. Your english and grammer is horrible!!
    pay attention to the idea of the post and not some grammatical (speelimg?) errors. if it bothers you that much copy and paste what i wrote and fix it up in micro$oft word.... werd

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn3158

Banned

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet

Did I say Spelling counts??

Practice Squad
    pay attention to the idea of the post and not some grammatical (speelimg?) errors. if it bothers you that much copy and paste what i wrote and fix it up in micro$oft word.... werd

You are missing the point Chip. You could be making valid points but you might as well type them in Arabic. Your posts are confusing and incoherent. I do not have the time or patience to brake your code.

All League
    Actually this is an instance where ChipShot is correct, cablevision has no say whether a game is in HD or not. It's up to CBS. No one got the game in HD.

If anyone is really unhappy with the network HDTV quality I suggest going and buying an antenna to get the signal for your set. Im in NJ about 35 miles from the ESB and use a zenith silver sensor indoor antenna mounted in my attic and pick up CBS, ABC, Fox, WB, UPN, NBC(occasional fallouts), sometimes PBS and NJN plus a handful of local channels I never watch. The picture quality is alot better than the CBSHD feed I get via Dish Network and really better than than the Direct TV HD feeds my friends get.

Veteran

Question for Yankees fans with HDTV:

Is it me or does the YES Network operate two cameras that are not Hi-Def during HD broadcasts at the Stadium?

I swear that the blimp cam and the camera in the visitors bullpen are not HD. And it's a shame, because the blimp cam shot would be amazing in HD. But it seems blurred to me.