Admittedly, I use this column to get out a lot of my frustrations with my own fantasy team. I’m frustrated. I know my team is good. I was projected to be the top team in the league by Yahoo! Sports after my draft. That’s gotta count for something, right?
But I’ve come out of the gates sputtering to a dismal 1-4 record. What gives? I’ve got a great team…outside of Dallas Clark. He’s absolutely killed me. How Peyton Manning was able to take advantage of him and Curtis Painter can’t is beyond me.
This week is a huge week for me, I’m playing the first-place team in my league and, like the Jets, I’m at a crossroads in my season. If I win, I will continue to march on. A loss will most likely spell the end of my fantasy dreams and I’ll attempt to sell my team off to get a bunch of draft picks for next year.
So maybe the Jets aren’t in the exact same position, but a loss this week to the 0-4 Miami Dolphins will lead them one more step in that direction. But as for you, the fantasy reader, this Jets-Dolphins game has some great match-ups for players on your fantasy team. It’s not time to wave the white flag just yet.
- Dustin Keller, TE, Jets — You know the Jets are in a three-game losing streak. That’s the obvious. But in the last two weeks Keller has three catches for 19 yards. I’ve been saying it all season, Keller is the key to Sanchez and winning. Against the 31st-ranked Dolphin pass defense, the middle of the field should be wide open, a known weak area.
- Daniel Thomas, RB, Dolphins — He’s averaged over four yards a carry this season and is — I can’t believe I’m saying this — the 32nd rush defense in the league. He’ll get plenty of chances with Matt Moore at quarterback. Plus, I just couldn’t be lower on Reggie Bush.
- Shonn Greene, RB, Jets — They showed glimpses of their old ‘ground & pound’ selves on offense with Greene gaining four yards per carry on his way to 83 yards and a touchdown. And while the ‘Phins pass defense may be bad, the rush defense isn’t much better either. With the Monday night spotlight on the Jets, I wouldn’t be surprised if they turn back the clock and get back to a more physical game.
- Brandon Marshall, WR, Dolphins — He’s made headlines already, claiming he expects to be ejected from this game. Not a great sign for fantasy owners. Throw in a one-way trip to Revis Island with Moore feeding him the ball and I’d say dud. POTENTIAL PICK-UPS: Jason Avant, PHI / Doug Baldwin, SEA / Jason Hill, JAC.
- Reggie Bush, RB, Dolphins — Take the Pizza Hut pizza. Everytime. POTENTIAL PICK-UPS: Jonathan Dyer, PIT / Jackie Battle, KC / Kendall Hunter, SF.
Round One Db Options,Kellen Winslow Signs One Year Contract,Fight Training Camp Has Officially Begun,Opportunities Thrown Jordan Whites Way,Third Round Pick Demario Davis,Revis Island Surfaces In New Jersey,Jets Confirm Ryan Hiring,Back In The Big Apple Davis Excited For The Opportunity,Jets Ink Qb Brunell To Two Year Deal,Plaxico Puts Reunion In Perspective