The New York Jets finally get off the deck with a win, though there were some scary moments towards the end.
Welcome home Sam Darnold! Darnold returned to the field for the New York Jets against the Dallas Cowboys to the delight of the home crowd. With a nod to the all-time team in attendance, the Jets finally come up with a win, 24-22 over the Cowboys. Here are some quick thoughts from the contest:
- What a difference a quarterback makes. After not being able to move the football all season, Darnold steps in and goes 23-32 338 yards, and two touchdowns. He did throw an interception in a red zone but type of thing is going to happen. He’s only 22 years old. Just seeing them put up 24 points was exciting and Sam had a lot to do with that.
- The weapons showed up as well, with Robby Anderson posting 125 yards on five catches, and Jamison Crowder posting six catches for 98 yards. Demaryius Thomas also found the fountain of youth a bit with four catches for 62 yards. It was nice to see all the weapons get involved, and once Chris Herndon gets healthy he will be another exciting element.
- Great call by Gregg Williams on the two point conversion attempt by the Cowboys. That all out blitz was gutsy, but it worked. The order of the day was bend but don’t break when it came to the Jets defense. If the Cowboys got too deep, they toughened up enough and a lot of that was on Williams with his scheme.
- I guess Adam Gase can call a game when he has his quarterback on the field. It makes you wonder why he wanted Luke Falk to begin with if he didn’t feel he was good enough to do anything.
- The biggest negative for me was how the offense stalled in the early part of the second half. A score or two would have put the game away and not given us all of the heart attacks we felt at the end.
Finally a win! New England is up next.
Bells Addition Can Solidify 46 Defense, New Gm John Idzik Focused On Reality Not Perception, Jets Get Their Man Hire Joe Douglas As Gm, Jets Bengals Preview Win And Theyre In, Dark Clouds On Final Day In Cortland, Manginis Worst Day As Head Coach And Other Postgame Thoughts, How To Spend 100 Million Dollars For Sam Darnold, Jets Lose In Gut Wrenching Fashion 29 26 In Ot